If you’re investigating the option of setting up a business in South Africa, you might already have discovered that one of the business visa requirements is having the correct tax registrations for South Africa in place.
A one-stop tax registration service
Our in-house international tax lawyer can guide foreigners through the required registrations for their business, helping to ensure compliance.
The first step would be doing a full analysis of the company to see which taxes it should be registered for. Following this, our lawyer will help with the following:
- Completion of appropriate registration forms and, where required, supporting evidence.
- VAT applications.
- PAYE and SITE registrations
Tax registrations for foreign business owners
There are a number of tax registrations in South Africa that foreigners might have to register for. These include but are not limited to:
- Registration with CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) within 21 days of starting.
- Registrations with the Receiver of Revenue:
- As a provisional tax payer.
- As a VAT vendor (where applicable).
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) income tax on employees.
- Standard Income Tax on Employees.
- Registration with the Cape Metropolitan Council or District Council.
- Registration with the Department of Labour.
Other potential tax registrations can range from registering with the local authority when dealing in fresh foodstuffs to applications for import duties or registering as an exporter.
Let us help you with your tax registrations for South Africa
Intergate has helped thousands of foreigners with the tax registrations for their business. Let us do the same for you. It’ll leave you with more time, energy and resources to sort out the rest of your immigration.
You can speak to any of our consultants by calling +27 (0) 21 424 2460.
If you’d like us to contact you instead, request a call back or complete our online assessment form. As soon as we’ve received your details, we’ll pass it on to one of our consultants who will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours to discuss tax registrations for South Africa with you.