Applications for a work visa can be broadly defined as
- Work visa applicants who are in position of a job offer – be it an internal move with their company or a new position
- Work visa applicants who are not in possession of a job offer
Types of work visa for South Africa
For those in possession of a job offer:
- Intra company work visas – where the applicant is being moved from the same organisation or linked company to South Africa on a temporary basis which may lead to a permanent stay
- A General work visa – whereby the applicant does not meet the criteria for an exceptional skills or a quota work visa.
- A corporate workers visa – the applicant may only apply under this category where the employer is in possession of a valid corporate work visa.
For those not in possession of a job offer:
- A quota work visa – the applicant would need to demonstrate that they meet the criteria as laid down by the published skills shortage list in terms of experience and qualifications. A quota work visa can then be issued which allows the applicant to be issued with a visa with no current job offer.
- An exceptional skills work visa – applications are considered on an individual merit basis. Applicants need to prove that the skills and qualifications possessed are unique and of value.
Who can apply for a South African work visa?
The legislation governing work visa is designed to ensure that foreign workers are only recruited where there exists no South African who is able to fulfil the role. Any individual who meets the criteria for the individual visas (as above) can make an application.
Is there a monetary requirement?
There exists no monetary criteria for work visa applications, the focus is on the foreigners skills, education and experience levels.
How long is a Work Visa issued for?
A work visa can be issued for any period within 2 and 5 years
Can permanent residency be obtained?
Qualifying applicants who have held an appropriate work visa for a period of 5 continuous years may be eligible for permanent residency.
Other requirements to apply for a South African Work Visa:
Please use the below links to access information regarding requirements for the differing types of work visa:
Why use Intergate Immigration?
Intergate Immigration has assisted thousands of individuals since its inception in 2005 to successfully immigrate to South Africa. We pride ourselves on our personal service and the quality of our team. We not only assist with the work visa, but provide a whole range of services that support you in the planning and successful relocation of yourself and any family to South Africa.
About Intergate Immigration.
Intergate Immigration is one of the leading experts in Immigration to South Africa. Since 2005 we have assisted thousands of individuals and corporates with their visa needs. Our service includes a free initial consultation to assess your eligibility and which work visa options would best suit your needs.
Contact Intergate Immigration Service for more information and a free South Africa eligibility assessment.
Incoming search terms:
- general work visa job offer sample letter south africa
- home affairs employers work offer letter
- letter of support from spouse south africa
- motivation letter for scarce skills permit
- motivation letter to be submitted for homeaffairs
- samples of quota transfer letter
- Section 19(4) of the South African Immigration Act Regulation 16(6)
- south africa employer internal transfer visa
- types of visa in south africa